Molding Machine Operator | manufacturing jobs
To set up, monitor and shut down the production line.
1. Starts up production line. This includes starting chillers, air compressor, holding tanks, pumps and tempering units.
2. Ensures settings are correct in production Line PLC for product to be made.
3. Ensures temperatures are correct on production line and emperers and monitors them throughout shift.
4. Changes production line as needed for product being made.
5. Runs test samples and checks it for proper specifications.
6. Observes functioning of machine parts and makes adjustments, if necessary, based on machine knowledge.
7. Monitor and record weights and perform quality checks on an hourly basis.
8. Reports any process and equipment problems. Calls the Maintenance technician and/or Production Supervisor for assistance.
9. Reports promptly to department Supervisor when delays occur. Estimates time of delay and when operations will be resumed.
10. Ensures the Quality and Standards for product are consistently achieved.
11. Tracks startup times, stop times and downtimes (with reasons.
12. Monitors product levels in tanks and takes appropriate actions when needed. Actions may include filling, switching tanks, or notifying department manager of filling needs.
13. Follows established policies, rules, regulations, and safety procedures.
14. Records amount of product made in the shift as well as amounts for scrap and seconds (with reasons).
15. Ensures continuity of production through breaks and lunches by staggering personnel or communicating personnel needs to department manager.
16. Ensures continuity of production from shift to shift by communicating daily with other shift operators including discussion of processing, maintenance or quality problems occurring during the shift.
17. Responsible for shutdown of production line and related equipment, cleaning and sanitizing various parts as needed.
18. Ensures that work area is clean, orderly, and well maintained
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High School graduate or equivalent with additional related training preferred.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Strong understanding of mechanical operations.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to become familiar with and follow the policies and procedures of the company as well as the employee handbook.
Enthusiastic and pleasant personality.
Honest with high degree of integrity.
Exhibit a positive attitude.
Ability to give, receive and act on feedback.
Ability to assist and support others.
Responsive and relates well to supervisor/manager.
Well-organized, accurate and strong attention to detail.
Remains calm and composed under pressure.
Dedicated to delivering quality.
Able to work well with others; build and maintain positive employee relations; team player.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Able to set, manage, measure and complete tasks on time; plan effectively and follow through.
Able to meet deadlines and/or manage projects.
Integrity with ability to maintain information confidentiality,use discretion and tact.
Able to use all related production equipment and applications.df-dc