CFO/Controller | accounting jobs
Lynchburg, VA $100,000.00 per annum.
***Please note that preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.***
Reporting directly to the CEO & President of the Corporation, the chief financial officer / controller will be responsible for developing, implementing and insuring adherence to financial policies and procedures while also being an active participant in the organization’s overall business strategy and plan.
S/he is responsible and accountable for development, implementation and reporting of financials as well as financial and operational metrics to the plans and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets report accurate financial results.
This position has the duties and requirements of both a CFO and controller due to the size of the firm.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with the president and other members of the senior management team on all operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations to the president based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
• Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with Wexco’s strategic and business plan.
Financial and Operational Management:
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
• Oversee budgeting, and the implementation of budgets, so as to monitor progress and present operational metrics.
• Ensure that financial record systems are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and monitor the use of all funds.
• Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics for board of directors.
• Prepare and communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
• Manage cash flow and forecasting; direct all financial, project-based, and departmental accounting.
• Coordinate all audit activities.
• Develop financial and tax strategies
• Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
• Implement operational best practices
• Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
• Participate in the selection and monitoring of employee benefit plans, insurance carriers and other benefits and/or coverage with particular emphasis on maximizing cost-effectiveness.
• Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration and equivalent business experience
• 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a mid or large sized manufacturing company or division of a large corporation
• Experience in working with and on the executive team
• High level of written and oral communication skills
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations a plus
• Proficient in various accounting, financial and MRP/ERP software use
•Proficient in Microsoft office applications; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Good team building and team leadership skills
No relocations unfortunately please.
Please send resumes to email@example.com. 703-885-5591 (Phone)